🌱 Risk Mitigation Plan + Roswell House Fire + Coyote Spotted
Hello everyone! I’m back in your inbox this weekend with the most important things happening in Roswell these days. Today’s issue includes:
- Roswell football in India
- spotted coyote
- Mandatory referendum meeting
But first, today’s weather:
A lot of sun. High: 81 Low: 53.
Here is our first local sponsor. Find out what they can do for you:
Looking to buy or sell a home in the Roswell area? Roxie and Michael Hernandez of Keller Williams Realty Consultants have worked in real estate in our area since 1995 and are deeply involved in the community, serving on the boards of Foster Care Support, Roswell First Responder Foundation and Roswell Rotary. Whether you’re moving, investing or a first-time buyer, work with deep local expertise you can trust. Visit Roxie and Michael here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top three stories from today in Roswell:
- Sukkot Children’s Festival – Chabad of North Fulton (10:00 a.m.)
- Saint Mary of Egypt International Autumn Festival (12:00 p.m.)
- Fall Hog Jam – Spiced Right (13:00)
- Music Club – Mimosa Room (3:30 p.m.)
- Sunday Board Game Fun Day – Caffeinated Gamers
- Live Aid Concert – Cross of Life Lutheran Church(4:30 p.m.)
- From the 5th anniversary of the Earth (5:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Roswell Soccer Club: Roswell Soccer Club footballers are taking part in the U17 Women’s World Cup in India. The captain of the American team is a player from Santos Academy in Roswell. (Roswell Soccer Club via Facebook)
- Roswell Elections: Roswell City Council candidate Allen Sells interviewed by the Alpharetta-Roswell Herald. He talked about his current campaign. Vends is running for the open seat of City Council Position 1. (The Alpharetta-Roswell Herald via Twitter)
- City of Roswell: November 5th is Household Hazardous Waste Day. Gasoline, pesticides and motor oils are some of the items that will be accepted. Visit the City of Roswell website for a complete list of items that will be accepted. (City of Roswell, GA via Instagram)
- Next door neighbor, park 83: A coyote has been spotted at the Park 83 Apartments in Roswell. – Keep your pets indoors and nearby. He was seen wandering around the complex and was not deterred by the cars. (next door)
- Esther Jackson Elementary PTA: “The Centennial High School Baseball Team is having a car wash this weekend. Only $5! You might see some old Jaguars! Let’s support our local baseball team! Elementary PTA via Facebook)
- Holy Trinity HS: The Blessed Trinity Choir will perform at the school’s fall arts festival on October 15. Choir director Ms Harris shared a video of the band rehearsing ahead of the event. (Holy Trinity via Twitter)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Chattahoochee Street: A local resident adopts a dog through Furkids. The adoptive parent helps find a forever home for this four-legged friend. They believe the dog is around two years old and weighs 11 pounds. Contact Furkids if you are interested in adopting. (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and Services:
Please follow and stay informed. See you soon!
— Jessica Griffin
About me: My name is Jessica Griffin and I am from Roswell, Georgia. I have been in the Roswell-Alpharetta community for over 30 years. As a native “Roswellian”, I embody, participate in, and support all things local. Community is at the heart of all of us, and I aim to convey the collectivity and unity that should be promoted and celebrated throughout our community. Being a mother, writer, student in history and the arts are my passions.
Have a timely tip or suggestion for an upcoming Roswell Daily? Contact me at Roswell@Patch.com