To complete the “Canid Cradle”Side quest on Monarch in The outer worlds, you will have to make a decision to side with one group or another.
This guide will help you make your decision and explain how to choose your path forward.
Monarch without radio
The “cradle of the canine” the side quest begins when you have completed all stages except the last of the “Monarch without radio“ main quest. This is a huge quest with many stages – and those stages actually influence how you can complete “Canid’s Cradle”.
For the best result, you want to be on good terms with both Sanjar Nandi from MSI in Stellar Bay and Graham Bryant of the Iconoclasts in Amber Heights. Do side quests, tasks, and generally help everyone in these two cities. You do not have to do their associated side quests to complete “Canid’s Cradle”, but that will keep your options open.
See where the ship lands and collect the gunship targeting module
There is nothing special about the early stages. When you turn on the Devil’s Peaks radio tower, you catch a glimpse of the ship as it crashes.
Head to the northwest side of the map to approach the crash site. The closest fast travel target is at Cascadia. Head northeast along the road, making your way through any wildlife.
When you reach the ship, head to the nose and climb up through the ship – there is only one path to follow. At the back you will find the Cantilever canine targeting module.
From there, it looks like you have only two choices: hand the module over to Sanjar or hand the module over to Graham. But there is a third peaceful way. We will talk about each of them in turn.
Give the mod to Sanjar, Graham or Zora
Both MSI and Iconoclasts want the Canine Targeting Module for their own groups. It is an invaluable tool that both sides could use to defend their people.
Small parenthesis: depending on whether or not you have completed the “Pay for the printer, “The commuter,” and “Sucker bait”Side quests for Iconoclasts, you will either be dealing with Graham or Zora. The result (s) of these quests determine which of the two is in charge of the Iconoclasts.
Handing over the mod to either group is an easy way to end the side quest:
- Give the module to Sanjar of MSI to side with the company (ish).
- Give the module to Graham Where Zora Iconoclasts to side with the rebel group.
Either option is good, but it essentially seals the fate of the other group – much like the decision you made at the start of the game in Edgewater. Like Edgewater, however, there is another way out.
Convince MSI and the Iconoclasts to Negotiate
The secret option you have is to negotiate a peace between the two groups, using the mod as leverage. (This will also be The outer worlds‘Peace in Our Time Achievement or Trophy.) However, several steps are necessary:
- Complete the “Sucker bait”Side quest, kill Graham (he won’t give you an option) and support Zora as leader of the Iconoclasts.
- Speak to Sanjar in Stellar Bay. Instead of giving him the module, ask “Could you agree to a truce with the iconoclasts? “ He will refuse to work with Graham, but tell him Zora is in charge now.
- To recover Zora Exam Data from Rizzo to Cascadia, and take it to Sanjar.
- Talk to Zora in Amber heights and choose “I thought you and Sanjar could join forces. “You will need a Inspiration Where To persuade of 55 for some dialogue options, or a Intelligence check out the third.
- Supervise the negotiation in the old OSI Church outside Stellar’s Bay. Most of the time, your job is to prevent them from killing each other.
(While you are here in the OSI Church, be sure to enter the A nice hat skeleton at the back of the room.)